Transmission fluid... permanent?

    Share

    SteveF
    Forum Member

    Posts: 58
    Location: NC USA
    Current Car: Ruby 2012 Sonata SE 2.0T

    Transmission fluid... permanent?

    Post by SteveF on 4/4/2012, 4:41 pm


    I have reviewed the owner's manual for my Sonata 2.0T and it says nothing about replacing the automatic transmission fluid, or even anything about regular checks. I can't even find a dipstick. Is this fluid supposed to be permanent? Am I missing something?

    mecfd67
    Forum Member

    Posts: 115
    Location: Orange county NY
    Current Car: 2012 SE Harbor grey metalic. 600 HID low's, L

    Re: Transmission fluid... permanent?

    Post by mecfd67 on 4/4/2012, 4:42 pm

    SteveF wrote:
    I have reviewed the owner's manual for my Sonata 2.0T and it says nothing about replacing the automatic transmission fluid, or even anything about regular checks. I can't even find a dipstick. Is this fluid supposed to be permanent? Am I missing something?
    Under normal circumstances the car does not need the fluid replaced supposed to last life of the car

    VadersRide
    Senior Member

    Posts: 1428
    Location: N.Y.
    Current Car: 2012 Sonata 2.0t

    Re: Transmission fluid... permanent?

    Post by VadersRide on 4/4/2012, 6:44 pm

    mecfd67 wrote:
    SteveF wrote:
    I have reviewed the owner's manual for my Sonata 2.0T and it says nothing about replacing the automatic transmission fluid, or even anything about regular checks. I can't even find a dipstick. Is this fluid supposed to be permanent? Am I missing something?
    Under normal circumstances the car does not need the fluid replaced supposed to last life of the car

    im too old fashioned to trust that....more than likely its serviceable.
    my Mazda 3 had no dipstick either....there was a drain plug at the bottom and a filler plug on the side.
    they don't put it in the owners manual because they want you to bring it to them for service.

    Robfrmny21
    Moderator
    Moderator

    Posts: 3960
    Location: Bronx, NYC
    Current Car: 2012 2.0T

    Re: Transmission fluid... permanent?

    Post by Robfrmny21 on 4/4/2012, 7:07 pm

    Life time tranny fluid has a 100k 10yr life span. This is coming from a fluid manufacture. They they feel.cars should be off the road by then. Which ever comes first


    _______________________
    }
    El vago hace el trabajo doble-(sounds better in spansish) the lazy do double the work.

    If it's reliable and cheap it will not be fast!
    If it's reliable and fast it will not be cheap!
    If it's fast and cheap it will not be reliable!

    mtf1234
    Forum Member

    Posts: 135
    Location: Fredericksburg, VA
    Current Car: 2011 Sonota 2.0T

    Re: Transmission fluid... permanent?

    Post by mtf1234 on 4/4/2012, 8:19 pm

    Robfrmny21 wrote:Life time tranny fluid has a 100k 10yr life span. This is coming from a fluid manufacture. They they feel.cars should be off the road by then. Which ever comes first
    Tell that to my 2000 Dodge Stratus with over 360k miles on it... Laughing

    Robfrmny21
    Moderator
    Moderator

    Posts: 3960
    Location: Bronx, NYC
    Current Car: 2012 2.0T

    Re: Transmission fluid... permanent?

    Post by Robfrmny21 on 4/4/2012, 9:36 pm

    mtf1234 wrote:
    Robfrmny21 wrote:Life time tranny fluid has a 100k 10yr life span. This is coming from a fluid manufacture. They they feel.cars should be off the road by then. Which ever comes first
    Tell that to my 2000 Dodge Stratus with over 360k miles on it... Laughing

    Not saying some cases dont exceed there specs for fluid life. But this was the answer I got from a trans oil producer when I saw them at a training I attended

    LineArrayNut
    Forum Member

    Posts: 239
    Location: East TN
    Current Car: 2011 sonata 2.0T SE HGM

    Re: Transmission fluid... permanent?

    Post by LineArrayNut on 4/6/2012, 3:46 am

    my take is that the atf will last to 100k miles 10 years just fine ... until the dealer gets to charge you for a new trans... every 30K for me...

    2-0 Terror
    Forum Member

    Posts: 410
    Location: MN

    Re: Transmission fluid... permanent?

    Post by 2-0 Terror on 4/7/2012, 7:42 am

    mtf1234 wrote:
    Robfrmny21 wrote:Life time tranny fluid has a 100k 10yr life span. This is coming from a fluid manufacture. They they feel.cars should be off the road by then. Which ever comes first
    Tell that to my 2000 Dodge Stratus with over 360k miles on it... Laughing
    lol didn't think it was possible for a stratufail to last that long. Shocked Razz

    bigken1030
    Forum Member

    Posts: 171
    Location: nj
    Current Car: 2012 sonata turbo

    Re: Transmission fluid... permanent?

    Post by bigken1030 on 4/7/2012, 7:54 am

    My book says every 60k miles for trans fluid change

    daniejw
    Senior Member

    Posts: 1001
    Location: New Jersey (South)
    Current Car: '11 Sonata 2.0T SE

    Re: Transmission fluid... permanent?

    Post by daniejw on 4/7/2012, 11:20 am

    VadersRide wrote:
    mecfd67 wrote:
    SteveF wrote:
    I have reviewed the owner's manual for my Sonata 2.0T and it says nothing about replacing the automatic transmission fluid, or even anything about regular checks. I can't even find a dipstick. Is this fluid supposed to be permanent? Am I missing something?
    Under normal circumstances the car does not need the fluid replaced supposed to last life of the car

    im too old fashioned to trust that....more than likely its serviceable.
    my Mazda 3 had no dipstick either....there was a drain plug at the bottom and a filler plug on the side.
    they don't put it in the owners manual because they want you to bring it to them for service.

    It's another thing that car manufacturers are doing to make it harder to do service yourself.


    _______________________
    Twisted Evil Semper Fi Twisted Evil

    '11 Sonata 2.0T SE: Sparkling Ruby
    3M Ceramic Series Tint (35%)
    LED: Interior, Reverse, Lic Plate, Glove Box, Trunk
    Xenon Supply: Low - 4300k, Fog - 3000k w/ Lamin-X
    Nameless Performance:
    FSTB (Powder Coated Black)
    Short Ram Intake w/ K&N Drop-In Panel
    Charge Pipe w/ Synapse BOV
    Downpipe
    Custom Performance Engineering:
    QuickPower Pipe w/ Resonator & HFC
    Austenite Cat-Back (Version 1)
    Seoulful Racing USA:
    Custom Tune - 262whp
    NGK: 1422 Plugs
    Saikou Michi Co.: Oil Catch Can
    Stiff Ring: 14pc Chassis Set

    ScanGauge 2 (Boost, AFR/WB, Trans Temp, Oil Temp)


    In The Works
    Eibach Springs

      Current date/time is 4/20/2014, 12:49 am